Remove guard tasks - reason inside

Talk about your RvR experience here
RonELuvv
Alerion Knight

Postby RonELuvv » May 01, 2012 19:00

When I played Live DAoC and I quit shortly after Catacombs came out, there was never tasks you could do for RP's. That was a fact. I heard they introduced them later, but I played well after 1.69 and they did not have tasks.

Chrissi
Phoenix Knight

Postby Chrissi » May 01, 2012 19:22

Yes introduce keep tasks to get more junk food for our fixed and high rr grps :D

Gorim
Eagle Knight

Postby Gorim » May 02, 2012 09:56

Do more ZergRvR if u want to finish empty emain times.

Newbies and nonelitists prolly don't want to spent RPs all the time to the "Elitists" but if u don't give them the chance, than you should not whine about no action.

But back to topic: This is more or less another whine thread about people that at least spend their time in the RvR zones.
Ofc, they don't do this tasks as intended, but every task got a reuse timer to prevent that.
Maybe you guys should not try to make the RvR Zones lower populated as they already are with making them less attractive for low and highrr players

Luydor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Luydor » May 02, 2012 11:46

Well, as long as guard task isn't faster then to run in Emain, personal have no problem with that. Why somebody should force people to do something they don't like and what for example should US player do if their isn't much action. Guard tasking and waiting for defenders is good way I guess to get some rps.
For just missing at this point, realmmsg if a guard get killed.

Greetz Luydor

Gorim
Eagle Knight

Postby Gorim » May 02, 2012 12:57

Luydor wrote:Well, as long as guard task isn't faster then to run in Emain, personal have no problem with that. Why somebody should force people to do something they don't like and what for example should US player do if their isn't much action. Guard tasking and waiting for defenders is good way I guess to get some rps.

Greetz Luydor

You can see keeps that are under siege via Herald.

Fabulabelle
Eagle Knight

Postby Fabulabelle » May 02, 2012 13:02

Endless debate imho, and it always brings to personal point of view.
Although DAoC is a mmorpg, there are people who play it like a traditional rpg, doing only PvE. Is it bad? Can we blame them? Don't think so ^^

Luydor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Luydor » May 02, 2012 16:50

Gorim wrote:
Luydor wrote:Well, as long as guard task isn't faster then to run in Emain, personal have no problem with that. Why somebody should force people to do something they don't like and what for example should US player do if their isn't much action. Guard tasking and waiting for defenders is good way I guess to get some rps.

Greetz Luydor

You can see keeps that are under siege via Herald.

Yeah, but still not the same.

catania
Myrmidon

Postby catania » May 02, 2012 18:29

Well, as long as guard task isn't faster then to run in Emain, personal ...

woaw, so basicaly you say runing trough emain should be the way for fastest rps in this game.

i think anyone that is moving somewhere else than it the hotspots should be rewarded. the 8mens allways say they want good fights... i bet if the RPS are better doing guards they will do guards !

btw i dont think that doing guard tasks is harm to this game.

Buckaroo banzai
Myrmidon

Postby Buckaroo banzai » May 02, 2012 20:00

when decent (hi hi @Vaan) gu/as hibs and albs wanna move their asses to go fight in pvp ?

every prime time 5/6 fgs mids ready for battle but only few albs and hibs.

For me, pseudo "midzerg" is not responsable, leaving the field to viking is an excuse of self lack of motivation.

Hib seems only moving to keep rks, i dont speak about albs, they just dont even exist (1 or sometimes 2 fg of 8/8 only addicts).

So albs/hibs, just move your ass ^^
VINTERSORG on Mid = Durack/Morbac/Krakar/Thjork/Fripouille/Verole/Lumna
NoStressFr on Alb = Uclain/Tarras
unguilded on Hib = Lyantel

ostebjarne
Myrmidon

Postby ostebjarne » May 02, 2012 20:03

Ronian wrote:After several players got high rank with tasks it just got more pathetic:

http://herald.uthgard.net/herald.php?vi ... &p6=Timion

Please correct me if im wrong, but isn't it possible to go where they do their keeps and kill them?

Dkarn
Warder

Postby Dkarn » May 03, 2012 02:38

I dont see anything wrong with people guardtasking. If anything it almost seems that people are jealous of the taskers? If it were really as unbalancing as some of you think then then everyone would be doing it. It is a good solid way for pre RR5 toons to at least get to a realm rank where they arent just fodder.

Fabulabelle
Eagle Knight

Postby Fabulabelle » May 03, 2012 12:55

[quote="Buckaroo banzai"]every prime time 5/6 fgs mids ready for battle but only few albs and hibs.
For me, pseudo "midzerg" is not responsable, leaving the field to viking is an excuse of self lack of motivation.
quote]
We already have this discussion in the french section, but yes, midzerg has his responsibility ^^ and 5/6 fgs mid is not a "pseudo" zerg ^^ it's a zerg. But it's another topic.

I saw Timon did only 72kills, getting 6L, so 1 million+ RPs...
It means that he did about 800 tasks! O_O 800 tasks means that he spent about more than 200hours (way more in my opinion) to achieve his goal. I think the RPs he gained are deserved ^^

Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » May 03, 2012 13:11

Fabulabelle wrote:and 5/6 fgs mid is not a "pseudo" zerg ^^ it's a zerg. But it's another topic.

For me 40 ppl who make RvR.
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

GarrettJ
Warder

Postby GarrettJ » May 03, 2012 16:16

I think that guard tasks are fine. I like having multiple ways of playing, and some players don't like to RvR but would like the Realm Skill Points to further their character for PvE purposes, others would like to get a decent Realm Rank to better compete with high Realm Rank players- what is wrong with that? It seems that the guard tasks would absorb a lot of one's playing time once they reached a certain Realm Rank and have to get so many Realm Points to achieve the next level. I agree with some of the others here, keep it as it is and let those who want to RvR do so, and those who don't do so. Multiple ways of playing is a good thing to me, and I'd like to see a healthy PvE environment (which now doesn't really exist on Live sadly and I hope Uthgard will be much better like Live used to years ago). My take, anyway. :)

RonELuvv
Alerion Knight

Postby RonELuvv » May 03, 2012 17:07

Dkarn wrote:I dont see anything wrong with people guardtasking. If anything it almost seems that people are jealous of the taskers? If it were really as unbalancing as some of you think then then everyone would be doing it. It is a good solid way for pre RR5 toons to at least get to a realm rank where they arent just fodder.

Nobody is "jealous" of taskers. They are frustrated that several high RR players got their RR from doing nothing but PvE essentially. DAoC was founded on the idea that PvE was awarded w/ XP and levels where as PvP was rewarded w/ RR's and realm points.

When you say everyone would be doing it, you do realise only a handful of classes have the climb walls ability? You may respond that other classes can still do gaurd tasks, but they cant do them anywhere nearly as efficiently. I would say 85% if not more of the people that obtain a high RR (6L+) on tasks is almost always either an assasin or a minstril.

Your comment about them being a good way for pre RR5 toons to get a decent RR is perfectly spot on. The problem is people dont stop when they hit "higher" RR. We all know of 9L+ assasins and minstrils that still only task instead of coming out to fight in actual PvP. That is when people start getting upset. I've never heard Zai, Ronia, or any of the other players bashing on low RR players tasking to a decent RR. Its always the people at high RR that do it non stop even if there is good action out.

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm