Wyvernfang

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Jul 13, 2017 15:53

This was a very controversial style during beta, and I wanted to ask how attitudes have changed on it since then. I have seen Paladins be quite successful with it (notably, the server's top Pally), Thrust Mercs I've talked to have also found it a joy to use against Mid tank groups, and I've even seen Armsmen making effective use of it! It requires an odd spec, where you can't spec all the way in your main line (Pole, DW, Chants, etc), but it seems like for some players it is worth the trade-off.

In beta, many said it was only being considered because of how good it was on Genesis, with its incorrect to-hit formulas, and that it would be too unreliable to be effective on Uthgard, but it seems like that turned out not to be the case. Does anyone have any supporting or dissenting views, to have some discussion? :-P

Byun
Gryphon Knight

Postby Byun » Jul 13, 2017 18:45

Used the style on Uth1 Pala, during beta on arms and currently on uth2 arms. Generally it is fine for both classes since a 27 seconds snare, even after the snare fix, creates enough breathing room for your grp to get/stay away from the snared target.
You do lose out on dmg as armsman, but in theory you deny more dmg. I wouldn't recommend the spec/style on any other class except maybe on minstrels, due to the loss of dmg and also due to having better options (flank side snare on merc).
The hit rate is indeed strange, but you can work around it, if you adjust your playstyle and timings. The bigger problem is that people don't move appropriate to take advantage of the slow, which renders your efforts useless more often than not. Also theurgists tend to waste ice pets on the tanks, which slow the target for far less and obviously break the snare.

In the offensive it can be useful on an enemy def tank, but other targets are usually meant to be damaged than snared :D

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk

Return to Albion