Shaman specs!

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
Brooms
Myrmidon

Postby Brooms » May 05, 2010 16:58

I don't like that 48 aug spec because it limits you. Putting 27 or 31 in cave is not just for the PBAE disease which is EXTREMELY handy when MoC is down. Also, if you run a lot of small man, 48 aug isn't as appealing, that PBAE disease tends to be huge when you get stealth on you.

It gives you AE roots as well which are really handy (despite being grey/green). I even use the castable bolt to rupt if I'm farm from a target.

You need to play a shaman as if you were a caster, exceot a bit more aggressive. You need to stay just on the edge of the fight but not get into the middle of it because endurance is on such a short range. Stick and move is what I do, get in rupt, disease shear then move, rinse and repeat (with emphasis on moving constantly).

Just my 2c
Team Awesome/Cobra Kai

Forge (World of Tanks NA server)

Apoc315
Myrmidon

Postby Apoc315 » May 07, 2010 18:15

Iceer wrote:Really, Midgard needs more Players like you instead of "go with the mainstream, cause other sucks!" dudes.

Really, i appreciate your Post Apoc. Hope, some Shamans will use your tipps :p

:oops: Thank you :oops:

Xantham
Gryphon Knight

Postby Xantham » May 08, 2010 01:53

nixian wrote: (not sure if shears interrupt on uth? ;))

yeah they do.

catania
Myrmidon

Postby catania » May 08, 2010 10:01

I play 48 Aug, 22 cave 11 mend spec. i love it. some people feel like the loss of pbae disease is not worth that spec. have red d/q is like A-dex2 and your pac healer and all casters will love you. if you run mainly with a tank setup maybe the 46/27 spec might work better.

i d'say if you are new to shaman go:

46 aug, 27 cave, once you learned your role in rvr and got past rr5 try out 48/22/11 you can go back to old spec if you feel volunerable.

how i play my shaman on inc:

- assist single disease, con shear, s/c shaer
- shear enemy tanks including d/q and disease
- shear and rupt enemy casters/suporters while not pushing in to far
- cure disease is MY job
- Shell is my heal! if they have a assist train and my mate is pre-announcing damage that works excellent
- i never heal in combat. under some circumstandings i do level 45 groupheals (LOS related)
- if i have a pet on me that i cant get ride on my own, i swing my hammer on a enemy cleric/druid so they loose one suport aswell
- single line root is my favorits spell to nail enemy tanks
- level 22 AE root is my best friend to rupt (13 power spell)
- i dont rez if there is a healer that can do it
- i never have mana probs with serenity 2 and pots

have fun playing shaman

doktorn
Warder

Postby doktorn » May 20, 2010 22:36

i just picked up my shaman again. lvl46atm..
And im heading for 48aug, 24mend..
However im planning to mostly help my buddies PvE, so mend is obviously more important for me.
But going 48 for the str/con shear aswell, for RvR. :)

Previous

Return to Midgard