3(maybe 4) Hibs looking for a Guild!

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Mrheals
Warder

Postby Mrheals » Jun 19, 2017 10:35

Hello!

What is left of 'The Gang Makes a Guild' is re-rolling Alb.

We were once a thriving guild on Mid (Bad Blood), we then moved to Hib. On Hib the XP grind lead to many casualties and we're now down to 3/4 players.

Who are we?

We're oldschool players who have been playing on and off since launch. On the live servers between us we've had pretty much every class at level 50, many RR5+ (back when RPs on live weren't given away!)

2 of us are from EU, 2 from US. So we'd need a guild that is active in both time zones.

We use Discord to communicate outside of /gu.

What do we want from a guild?
  • - Active /gu so we can ask some silly alb-related questions.
  • - Access to large /as so we can get involved in RVR/Raids etc.
  • - Access to a guild house we can bind in with porters.
  • - People to Smallman / 8man / zerg with once our mains are 50.
What are we making?

We're all making deathsight necros to start with. We like being self sufficient - we'll use them to farm and use the cash to level trade skills. Once high enough we'll use them to PL eachother mains.

We aim to have 1 stealther and 1 visible main each.

Stealth group will run when there's 'not much going on' and will likely be Inf/Inf/Mincer
Visibles will likely be Sorc/Cabby/Cleric

Because we plan to transfer about ~10p from Hib to Alb and PL ourselves we're not looking for hand outs - however if folks did want to help our necros level we would naturally return the favour when we PL our alts.

If you think your guild might be a good fit for us please reply to this thread. Thanks for taking the time to read.

TLDR: 3/4 ex-Hibs looking for alb guild for fun!

Vman
Myrmidon

Postby Vman » Jun 23, 2017 20:08

:gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga:
Last edited by Vman on Jul 05, 2017 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
Level 50 Troll of Uthgard

Mrheals
Warder

Postby Mrheals » Jun 23, 2017 22:16

Well, if we're going to quote me big man why not use a more recent post:

Mrheals wrote:
Abydos wrote:Sooooooooo, I'm back and ready for another tl;dr.

Since folks have apparently shared in intimate detail why they left, can you please share the reasons here? Y

The one that I've seen that basically summarizes all of them is "game takes too much time". (This includes "bgs" because BGs seem to be a solution to game takes too much time symptom)

People complain about PVE, which takes time

But why do the 50's leave?
RVR takes too much time. Time spent LFG, waiting for group mates, forming up, etc.

But by the same token, people want some happy medium between "quake with sword and spells" and what we have now.

So where is the line drawn?

I must admit, I stopped frequenting the 'General' forum a couple of weeks ago because I grew frustrated that the only time that Devs posted on threads was to shout at people to keep things 'on topic' - whilst completely ignoring the issues being raised.

Obviously, it appears that this has now changed, which is great - so perhaps I'll start to frequent here more again.

One thing I will stress is: I haven't quit. I am still playing, in fact rather stupidly I am re-rolling on Alb at the moment - not because I love PVE, not because I think that the PVE is right in this game as things stand, but because bluntly, I feel that if I don't do something new to stimulate the game for me once more, I will quit.

The reason why I could easily end up quitting is one very simple reason - my once thriving guild of around 15-20 nightly players has been reduced to 2 active and 1 semi active and 1 moderately inactive.

Everyone else has quit - why? Because levelling takes too long. We rolled Hib, we made the mistake of making a caster group. We got rolled due to lack of realm abilities and constant interrupts one of our druids announced "I'm done, casters are dog**** at low realm rank - we need tanks". So that's what we did - we made new characters and started to level them - it was at this point everybody went "Nah, too much like hard work" and left.

They love the game, they love RVR, they have 2-3 hours a day to play. But lets say that the average 1-50 time is 7 days played (which in my case it absolutely wasn't!)

7x 24 = 168 hours. 3 hours a day = 56 days. That's nearly 2 months! Also, looking at the player base downward trend - not many people want to invest their evenings for 56 days when they have no idea what the server will be like in 56 days. I imagine at the current rate of attrition we'll be under the 1k population mark at peak times within the next 56 days.

Now, let's imagine you've created a Friar, or a Champion - you take the 2 months to get to level 50 and find nobody wants you in a group. Or lets say you get to 50 and actually, you've never played that character at 50 at 1.65 and you find you hate it. Do you a) Quit or b) Spend 56 days making a new character? Answer: Most quit.

At this point a lot of people are getting tired of their mains - there's only so long you can heal and mezz and stun before you finally reach the point where you have to say "Do you know what, I'm sick of keeping you all alive, I want to be a troll and smash lurikeens faces in." But you can't swap accounts with your Troll Warrior friend and he can play your healer for the night - no no that's bannable and who wants to throw away months of work for a 'night off' - your Troll Warrior friend has to roll a healer and you have to roll a warrior. Start the 56 day timer. Or....maybe just quit? Because when the game stops being fun, stop playing.

The solution to this? Significantly increase XP Rates.

I'm not even sure why this is such a difficult point? Can you find me a single person that will throw their toys out of the pram and quit if you increase XP rates? Because I personally know 11 people that quit because you didn't.

You're a tool - go fail at something like you always do :)

Vman
Myrmidon

Postby Vman » Jun 24, 2017 16:46

:gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga:
Last edited by Vman on Jul 05, 2017 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

Mrheals
Warder

Postby Mrheals » Jun 25, 2017 00:59

The difference is Vman I've achieved multiple level 50s and run 2 successful and thriving guilds until the mass exodus over xp rates. All you've ever run is your mouth and all you've ever achieved is failure. Please forgive me for sighing at yet another soon to be failed venture you're embarking on.

Back on topic: nods this thread can be closed/ deleted. We've made our own guild so are no longer looking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Vman
Myrmidon

Postby Vman » Jul 04, 2017 15:51

Ruckuz1983
Myrmidon

Postby Ruckuz1983 » Jul 06, 2017 04:09

Vman wrote::gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga:

Only thing vman is good for is /delete and disappearing...
Infection 50 Shaman
Alliant 50 Runemaster

Vman
Myrmidon

Postby Vman » Jul 09, 2017 03:11

Ruckuz1983 wrote:I wont play my bard because of twisting. lvl 50 bard too. missing like 2 items. Anyways, put me in a 2 bard group and I'd play 7 days a week. I play to enjoy the game, not to macro twist, and not to manually twist for everyone elses amusement because they think speed 6 is neccessary 24/7, then you h...

Things a noob would say :hammer:

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jul 09, 2017 04:24

Offtopic/attacks.

Return to Albion