Exchanging live servers for Uthgard after 10+ years

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Patterns
Guardian

Postby Patterns » Jun 28, 2017 20:24

Hi,

I'm exchanging live servers for uthgard after 10+ years.
Although i don't know anyone on these servers or anything i decided to take the challenge. :-P

Now my question is which characters are most needed on Albion at the moment?
Willing to roll sorc/wizard/minstrel/theurg for pvp purposes but dont know which will be the better on for RvR on classic these days.

And if anyone can help me with a friendly guild to start with for some PvE i would greatly appreciate it ;)

Thanks,
Patterns

Flyguy
Banned

Postby Flyguy » Jun 28, 2017 23:12

The largest guild I've seen is Knights of the Round Table. The friendliest guild I've seen (medium sized I suppose) is Riot Control. If you are an experienced RVRer see the Valor recruitment thread. I'm in this guild and we are leveling up and still could use a cabalist or 2nd sorc imo but the GM can discuss this with you further
retired

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Jun 29, 2017 17:42

Cleric will always be a solid choice. A perfect fit in zerging, 8v8, smallman, PvE, and they are also in high demand, but short supply, imo :) Going beyond that, we would really need to know what you want to do, to be specific. If you are a good 8v8 player, I would suggest playing a Minst (as there are few here willing to play to class to its greatest ability!), but remember that there are no macros allowed on Uth, so holding a red pet in RvR will be challenging. If you want to zerg mostly, I think there is a good mix of classes on Alb, though a friar should, in particular, always be able to find a group there (and if you're good enough, you might be able to find a spot in an 8man).

If you want to play a caster, Sorcs and Cabs are great in 8v8 and zerging, but there might be too many at this point. Wizards are great for zerging, but aren't good in 8v8 because of high resists, and their lack of utility. There aren't too many Theurgists, and they are excellent for 8v8 but not everyone wants to include them in their setups, likely because they need to be played very well to be worth it (though they are always great for zerging!).

There are plenty of tanks, imo, but another Armsman would always be welcome. Mercs are great too, but they don't work as well in as many setups, so their abundance could lead to not getting in 8v8 groups. Paladins and Reavers excel in PvE, and do well in zerging too, though you will have a lot of trouble finding spots in 8v8 groups (unless you make a name for yourself, like Playfullr!)

You may notice most players also have Necro alts, for farming (mostly because RvR doesn't give gold, on this server). If that isn't your thing, you should more heavily consider a class like Friar (cheap to template, and doesn't need nearly as many charges, or potions). Or you could make money in other ways, like participating in raids, and selling the loot you find.

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Jun 30, 2017 02:21

Oddly enough for zergs I'm finding we lack the classes that amplify our ability to fight in keeps.

Ice Wizards for holding choke points or bombing.

Earth Wizards for GTAoE interrupting through walls/floors.

Reavers, also for pushing up into towers and rooms.

Theurgs for their petspam on doors.

Necromancers to keep the Theurgs and others fed with power via duels/casting regen.

I might be missing something, but there have been a few times I wish we had some representation for these classes and specs.

The downside is that they're usually not desired outside of their niche cases, so I understand.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Satanic Panic - Cleric
Budikah - Cabalist
Leader of Primordial Guild / Alliance
Primordial Discord ---> https://discord.gg/Fa85ptj

Return to Albion