Alb quality of life changes

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Drakkars
Warder

Postby Drakkars » Jul 31, 2017 19:31

Just for fun...and dreaming a bit, what sort of quality of life changes would you ask for if you could get it on alb? I'm not talking anything ground breaking just minor changes to help out.

For me all I really want is pally endo range to go up to 1500 instead of 1000, 2000 would be even better, just to help in rvr , and then a cure near sight at like 40 rejuv spec like on live.
Otherwise I'm personally fairly happy. Purge reuse timer being lowered would help too if they didn't want to add in cure ns.

One can dream after all...
Drakkars 50 Sorc
Deraen 50 Paladin
<Trained Again>

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jul 31, 2017 20:03

Mythic set up DAoC to NOT be mirrored realms. Each realm has some advantages and some disadvantages compared to the other realms. Learn how to minimize the disadvantages and maximize the advantages.

I think it's part of the beauty of the game that we don't have identical classes.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Rawr
Warder

Postby Rawr » Jul 31, 2017 20:12

We did Gil. It is called Endo pots.

::comments removed::

Please balance the mana costs of smite spells on Cleric. It is retarded it costs so much mana for such a low damage and low range spell. Mythic messed up deciding that mana value big time.

djegu
Myrmidon

Postby djegu » Jul 31, 2017 20:19

Nerf necro

Flyguy
Banned

Postby Flyguy » Jul 31, 2017 21:40

This is a combination of QoL and bug fixes:

-Paladin endu range 2000. An entire class is worthless and everybody is forced to pay more gold to participate in RvR with endu pots. It's just ****** stupid.
-Fix theurgist air specs to "shout" stun instead of forcing them to be ontop of a target to stun it. This is incorrect for this patch level.
-Adjust mana cost for smites on cleric
-Allow necros to use purge on their pets
retired

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Jul 31, 2017 23:05

djegu wrote:Nerf necro

If they nerf necro even more people will leave (especially if they did it without improving the xp situation first).

And why race to the bottom? Other realms have excellent PvE farmers as well, why not Albion?

And before you say it, yes I have a necro, and yes I have also had to level the hard way as well on a lot of my toons.

djegu
Myrmidon

Postby djegu » Jul 31, 2017 23:49

morry1000 wrote:
If they nerf necro even more people will leave (especially if they did it without improving the xp situation first).

And why race to the bottom? Other realms have excellent PvE farmers as well, why not Albion?

And before you say it, yes I have a necro, and yes I have also had to level the hard way as well on a lot of my toons.

Because necro :
- annihilate the PvE experience.
- pl too much ---> people arrive at emain and don't know how to play their char.
- because of above some people haven't grped for the last 2 months (i know a couple) and an important part of why we play daoc it's the social aspect of it.
- they are killing casual player that can't afford :
* having the time to level up necro + craft
* to be temped because housing stuff is too expensive nor can farm because they don't have necro

Basically necro inflate every housing price making us less competitive against mids/hibs. And people get spoiled by how fast it's to be pled by necro that's why we think xp is ****** (although xp is ****** but not as much as we pretend).

Hasbulat
Myrmidon

Postby Hasbulat » Aug 01, 2017 06:12

My dream:

1. make necro playble in RvR (it will still a dream, unfortunately(
2. instant/level 50 1 time/realm/account and gear from king for this toon.
3. harp for mins.
4. endurange for pala - 2000
5. teleports and horses for player.
6. aura-switch of reaver shouldnt burn endurance at all please
7. Scout needs a buff! its a worst archer of all three realms
Last edited by Hasbulat on Aug 13, 2017 02:16, edited 1 time in total.

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Aug 01, 2017 07:26

If I had to ask for any Alb particular changes I'd struggle to come up with a good list. There are general things that would help Alb, but as far as specifics goes - Alb only changes?

- Paladin Endu Range increase. The other realms both get Endu solutions that blow ours out of the water. A 500-750 unit range increase wouldn't totally disrupt the balance of things.

- Necro Purge.

Everything else I could think of largely affects all realms.

- Det3 for Hybrids
- NS Cure spell high up in Healing skill lines
- Easier way of managing a bunch of Healing/Power/Stam Regen pots

Thinking about all of the classes though, I can't think of much more. I don't do Stealthers so I can't speak for that.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Aug 01, 2017 10:30

End for pally, port from cam to adribard, str/con charge item and dex/qui item thats "possible" to farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 02, 2017 16:19

personal portal stone for all realms, use once every 4 hours.

No more auto train.

One free respec for all realms.

hasteners in every city 10 minute duration.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 02, 2017 17:24

@relvinian, No need to repeat the suggestion thread here. Question was scoped for Albion.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

BumblesZERG
Myrmidon

Postby BumblesZERG » Aug 02, 2017 17:52

It's easy for the other Realms to say how glorious it is for each realm to be different but not have to deal with the Albs issue of no endo. Or if you do have endo it costs you a fortune to have it. But I agree. Mids and Hibs can keep their endo and Albs will keep Thurgs with unlimited pet spam and Minstrels and their red charmed pets and SOS and lets not forget about BoF. Fair trade imo.
Lone Enforcer

Uthgard 2.0
50 Cabby
50 Earth Wizard
50 Minstrel
50 Reaver

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 02, 2017 18:40

Blue wrote:@relvinian, No need to repeat the suggestion thread here. Question was scoped for Albion.

I appreciate your point but many of the things which will help albion will help all realms.

That being said, thanks for ur input and i will try to be more specific in this thread.

Paladin end is the first thing which comes to mind, except that necros don't need end and matter cabs dont need end.

And necros and cabs seem the be the best xp and best gold in albion

Maybe change xp for traditional groups for the better.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Aug 02, 2017 22:47

Any change to XP that makes traditional style grouping on par with Caba/Necro will be a boon to Albion.

At the very least if a change makes it worthwhile for a Necro to pick up more people the end result is still leveling for players who need it.
Satanic Panic - Cleric
Budikah - Cabalist
Leader of Primordial Guild / Alliance
Primordial Discord ---> https://discord.gg/Fa85ptj

Next

Return to Albion