Alb quality of life changes

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Signus
Gryphon Knight

Postby Signus » Aug 04, 2017 08:39

djegu wrote:
morry1000 wrote:
If they nerf necro even more people will leave (especially if they did it without improving the xp situation first).

And why race to the bottom? Other realms have excellent PvE farmers as well, why not Albion?

And before you say it, yes I have a necro, and yes I have also had to level the hard way as well on a lot of my toons.

Because necro :
- annihilate the PvE experience.
- pl too much ---> people arrive at emain and don't know how to play their char.
- because of above some people haven't grped for the last 2 months (i know a couple) and an important part of why we play daoc it's the social aspect of it.
- they are killing casual player that can't afford :
* having the time to level up necro + craft
* to be temped because housing stuff is too expensive nor can farm because they don't have necro

Basically necro inflate every housing price making us less competitive against mids/hibs. And people get spoiled by how fast it's to be pled by necro that's why we think xp is ****** (although xp is ****** but not as much as we pretend).

Pretty solid list. Anything that encourages soloing really needs to be toned down.

mikkyo
Warder

Postby mikkyo » Aug 04, 2017 10:20

Budikah wrote:Any change to XP that makes traditional style grouping on par with Caba/Necro will be a boon to Albion.

At the very least if a change makes it worthwhile for a Necro to pick up more people the end result is still leveling for players who need it.

more xp for more groupmembers, full fg should get the most.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 07, 2017 18:14

Signus wrote:
djegu wrote:
morry1000 wrote:
If they nerf necro even more people will leave (especially if they did it without improving the xp situation first).

And why race to the bottom? Other realms have excellent PvE farmers as well, why not Albion?

And before you say it, yes I have a necro, and yes I have also had to level the hard way as well on a lot of my toons.

Because necro :
- annihilate the PvE experience.
- pl too much ---> people arrive at emain and don't know how to play their char.
- because of above some people haven't grped for the last 2 months (i know a couple) and an important part of why we play daoc it's the social aspect of it.
- they are killing casual player that can't afford :
* having the time to level up necro + craft
* to be temped because housing stuff is too expensive nor can farm because they don't have necro

Basically necro inflate every housing price making us less competitive against mids/hibs. And people get spoiled by how fast it's to be pled by necro that's why we think xp is ****** (although xp is ****** but not as much as we pretend).

Pretty solid list. Anything that encourages soloing really needs to be toned down.

Not a solid list, can argue with every single point made.

I initially attempted Alb and left after a week due to low level zones being an absolute ghost town. I came back and decided 'if you cannot beat them join them' and rolled a necro. It is currently pretty much the only way to play Alb atm in the environment we find ourselves in.

Freudinio
Gryphon Knight

Postby Freudinio » Aug 11, 2017 00:54

Remove the necromancer.
Just about done..

Previous

Return to Albion