Best trio options?

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Thirian24
Warder

Postby Thirian24 » Dec 17, 2017 00:31

Hello all,

I've been talking to a friend about us coming to Uth. Im really excited about this because I loved the old days of DAoC. I have been away from the game for a long time, although my friends haven't.

I was just curious what were some good options for a trio?

We kinda talked about Paladin, Sorc and I don't recall the third.. maybe a cleric?

Interested to hear your input.
Rerik - 50 Cabalist
Kirer - 48 Cleric
Thirian - 50 Armsman

Stromaxe
Warder

Postby Stromaxe » Dec 17, 2017 01:16

best trio for what ? rvr ? farm ?

Thirian24
Warder

Postby Thirian24 » Dec 17, 2017 01:24

For us to level to 50 together or for groups. RvR definitely being what we would be shooting for later. But not a trio for RvR.
Rerik - 50 Cabalist
Kirer - 48 Cleric
Thirian - 50 Armsman

Stromaxe
Warder

Postby Stromaxe » Dec 17, 2017 01:34

To be level 50 as fast as possible,

you can try,

- Caba matter, cleric, necro DS
- Necro Servant, cleric, Wiz ice/caba matter

goes really fast.

Thirian24
Warder

Postby Thirian24 » Dec 17, 2017 04:01

Thank you, Stromaxe.

I'll look deeper in the Cabalist.
Rerik - 50 Cabalist
Kirer - 48 Cleric
Thirian - 50 Armsman

Stromaxe
Warder

Postby Stromaxe » Dec 17, 2017 10:38

keep in minds that the necro will have the most difficulties to RvR from the 3.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Dec 17, 2017 11:49

Caba+cleric+sorc is ultimate albion trio for several purposes.

Very strong PvE, and very very strong in RvR.

Means you can also get some easy RR's on them, which helps cleric and Caba be even better for PvE.
Albion and having fun

Thirian24
Warder

Postby Thirian24 » Dec 17, 2017 14:45

That's a great idea, Spivo. The only issue is getting everybody on board with the plan. Lol

I'd like to try out the Cabalist for sure, but truth be told I'll probably end up on a Paladin.

Thank you for the advice,
Cheers
Rerik - 50 Cabalist
Kirer - 48 Cleric
Thirian - 50 Armsman

jrob81
Warder

Postby jrob81 » Dec 17, 2017 18:55

Or 2 necro 1 cleric if u want to go super fast :)

Thirian24
Warder

Postby Thirian24 » Dec 17, 2017 20:26

Necro is definitely an obvious choice, but for me, I could never play one. Even just for PL or farming. I'd rather do that with a Cabalist, like mentioned above. Also, I'd rather play something that I'll actually play later in the game for RvR. The real problem here is probably going to get three people to agree on characters that work well together.. but may not actually get to play together very much because of work schedules. So at that point.. should we all just pick something that we enjoy playing and maybe that's actually needed on the realm as a whole? That's kinda where I'm at right now. To add to that, I want to be able to kill mods alone if I have to just in case I'm not able to get a group for whatever reason. I was leaning towards a Paladin for this reason because I figured they'd be easily grouped and they can at least kill yellows solo. Although at heart, I've always loved my Armsman. Lol

Stupid choices gettin in my way. :lol:
Rerik - 50 Cabalist
Kirer - 48 Cleric
Thirian - 50 Armsman

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Dec 18, 2017 09:24

If you really want to play a Paladin, I might suggest the trio of Minstrel, Paladin, Friar/Cleric. While it isn't as powerful in RvR or PvE as Cab, Sorc, Cleric, it is a very fun, satisfying, effective trio, each class is solo-friendly (if taking the Friar instead of Cleric), and you get the highest possible run speed, which is very valuable in RvR.

While Armsmen are excellent, they are best in larger groups, where you already have many supporting characters. In small groups like this, versatile classes generally perform better (at least in Alb). Even so, you shouldn't let that dissuade you if you really want to play an Armsman. You can always make it work.

Important downsides to consider for Minstrel and Paladin, specifically, are... They have to twist effectively to reach their potential, which some players find tedious. They autotrain in important skill lines, which can significantly alter your end game spec, so if you want to leveling up to be fun, you will miss out on certain specs available to other players who powerleveled their characters (there are lots of threads about this on the forum, if you want to read more about it).

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 18, 2017 13:07

My worst mistake i did on uthgard was getting our trio to do sorc cleric cab. We was always out of sync level wise. And we should have rolled 3 necroes first the pled a second char on each account. Then again i had a lot of use for my cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thirian24
Warder

Postby Thirian24 » Dec 18, 2017 13:22

Thank you guys, very valid points. I have a lot to take into consideration before I make it home and create a character.

Much appreciated.
Rerik - 50 Cabalist
Kirer - 48 Cleric
Thirian - 50 Armsman

Warriston
Myrmidon

Postby Warriston » Jan 22, 2018 11:07

Thirian24 wrote:Thank you guys, very valid points. I have a lot to take into consideration before I make it home and create a character.

Much appreciated.

And? Made your choice ? :-)

Thirian24
Warder

Postby Thirian24 » Jan 23, 2018 18:54

Lol.. well it hasn't technically gone as planned. Whatever does really? Our work schedules are very different, so we don't get to plan every minute together. So at first I made a Matter Cabalist, which is currently Lvl 25. Then I noticed how much Clerics were always being requested, so I rolled one and he is now Lvl 42. I've also made a few others that are sub Lvl 10 just to mess around. My friends both rolled Necros to help each out with lvling and farming. We were lucky enough to join an amazing Guild, We Play for Keep, and they've all been the biggest help imaginable.

I've been having a blast, although work keeps me away 16 days at a time, I've managed to make it to Lvl42 in a short amount of time with the help of my friends, good groups and Guildmates. Heck we even have a house already and my Cabalist is well on his way in Tailoring currently sitting at 500ish including all subskills.
Rerik - 50 Cabalist
Kirer - 48 Cleric
Thirian - 50 Armsman

Next

Return to Albion