Shadowblade spec

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
pupser
Warder

Postby pupser » Jun 15, 2011 11:03

Hi,
i have a lvl 40 shadowblade and i am not sure how i should spec, i thought about this spec:

39 LA
35 stealth/envenom (+11+RR ->50)
34 CS (-> PA+ following style)
rest Axe

what do u think about this spec ?? would u suggest another spec ?? On live i used this spec and it was quite nice, but i am not sure how it will work on uth... do u have any advice ??

And what about RAs ?? I am not sure wether i should go on purge or viper first ... (atm i have viper2.. for lvling) but which ra is better for rvr??

thx for ur help
greetings

Razzer
Eagle Knight

Postby Razzer » Jun 15, 2011 11:07

This spec is quite decent.

Used that on ToA and classic and other Freeshards (I used sword instead but this is more personal preference).
When you solo a lot then go for purge2 first - when you are on stealth wars go for viper.
Uthgard till 2003!

Bubana
Warder

Postby Bubana » Jun 15, 2011 13:10

hi mate,

i have a sb lvl 50 rr5

till rr5 i was full zerk spec:

50LA, 36stealth, 36sword, 36envenom, 10CS (backstab2 but low base dmg)

now i have a new spec at rr5:

39LA, 35stealth, 35sword, 35 envenom, 34 or 39CS (sry i dont remember bc on this pc i don t have daoc, neither charplan)

my RA's are: aug str3, mop3, viper2, vanish + remedy(rr5 ability)

this spec works very well, but with viper3 you'll be a killing machine (and viper is a must)

so imo viper3>purge1 (bc 5sec delay means death for a SB with leather armor).. purge2 or nothing. for my experience if u are in AT stealth you should not buy vanish till lvl 48 or ppl will see u 10miles away + you are not able to attack for 30 sec = death

viper3 + PA = instakill of most of casters. casters who don t die is bc they use purge, so the only thing u have to do is to keep in your inventory at least 4 axes/swords with envenoms applied to let the enemies undestand that they have to lie down.

cheers,

bubana

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » Jun 15, 2011 15:35

In my opinion the best way for sb is shadowzerker.

Go 50 LA, 36 weapon, 36 stealth, 36 poisons and rest in cs. In future you can change your spec. Every rr up you will can respec and spec more points in cs, and quit points from poisons, stealth...

RAs: dont spec viper and vanish, in my opinion is waste of points. If you use vanish vs ranger, you are dead. If you have viper vs rr5 assasin, he ever can use remedi. Spec mop, aug st, purge and mos.

Garad
Gryphon Knight

Postby Garad » Jun 15, 2011 15:43

There is no universal spec.

If you want focus on stealth war, use the zerker spec. The chance to use the crit strikes against other assassins is fairly low, although it can help against minstrels/rangers if you have MoS.

If you want to focus on visibles, use 34-39 crit-strikes. The openers and the after-evade chain do alot of damage.
ImageImage

Razzer
Eagle Knight

Postby Razzer » Jun 15, 2011 15:44

vangonaj wrote:In my opinion the best way for sb is shadowzerker.

Go 50 LA, 36 weapon, 36 stealth, 36 poisons and rest in cs. In future you can change your spec. Every rr up you will can respec and spec more points in cs, and quit points from poisons, stealth...

RAs: dont spec viper and vanish, in my opinion is waste of points. If you use vanish vs ranger, you are dead. If you have viper vs rr5 assasin, he ever can use remedi. Spec mop, aug st, purge and mos.

Would you trade 5% more basedamage for PA+CD ?!
As the LA 50 style proc is only for berserkers it's not worth going to 50 - go for 39 and rest into cs.
Uthgard till 2003!

pupser
Warder

Postby pupser » Jun 15, 2011 15:56

thx for ur replies,

i will be playing solo most time (no stealth wars ...), so i think i will use this spec i told u in my first post, because i like Critical strike... i just wasnt sure if my base dmg is okay (because my weapon will be just around 30-35), but if the difference is just around 5%, i will stay at cs.

i also thought about remedy... but i dont know if it is used often ... if it is used often viper will be useless .... :/
so i think i will go on purge3, and viper1, ... and some passive ra's

greetings

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » Jun 15, 2011 16:07

Razzer wrote:
vangonaj wrote:In my opinion the best way for sb is shadowzerker.

Would you trade 5% more basedamage for PA+CD ?!
As the LA 50 style proc is only for berserkers it's not worth going to 50 - go for 39 and rest into cs.

Stealth and poisons increase base damage? And if he will have composite 50-51 in weapon and use only LA stiles, his base damage should be the same, and with 50 in LA his La damage will be max.

Razzer
Eagle Knight

Postby Razzer » Jun 15, 2011 16:11

As SB I think Viper II is worth the points especially against (PD 4/5) Ranger.
My classic SB was MoS II, Purge II, Viper II, MoP III, Aug Str II, Long Wind I
My ToA SB was like MoS II, Purge III, MoP IV, Aug Str II

Purge III is a really nice feature so is MoP IV but at low-medium RR MoP III and Purge II is quite good.

I never used and never missed Vanish.

Stealth and poisons increase base damage? And if he will have composite 50-51 in weapon and use only LA stiles, his base damage should be the same, and with 50 in LA his La damage will be max.

No - he also specs 35 Stealth/Envenom so it's the same.
No 51 composite weapon is not enough - LA mechanics are different.
Basedamage when wielding left axe: 62.5% + LA spec*0,38 for main and offhand.
50 LA you have max LA bonus or minimal LA malus.
Uthgard till 2003!

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » Jun 15, 2011 16:16

Razzer wrote:As SB I think Viper II is worth the points especially against (PD 4/5) Ranger.

In this point you are right. But is posible kill pd4/5 ranger without purge, but is very hard XD.

Bubana
Warder

Postby Bubana » Jun 15, 2011 17:31

[quote="Razzer"]
My classic SB was MoS II, Purge II, Viper II, MoP III, Aug Str II, Long Wind I

Detection Hidden SB ability works or not?
if so DH is = to mos3 (only for detection, doesn t affect hidden movements)
so if DH is working in Uthgard, mos3 for SB is useless

but idk if it has been implemented or not

Garad
Gryphon Knight

Postby Garad » Jun 16, 2011 07:49

Bubana wrote:
Razzer wrote:My classic SB was MoS II, Purge II, Viper II, MoP III, Aug Str II, Long Wind I

Detection Hidden SB ability works or not?
if so DH is = to mos3 (only for detection, doesn t affect hidden movements)
so if DH is working in Uthgard, mos3 for SB is useless

but idk if it has been implemented or not

This is wrong.

Normal detection range when your opponent has 50 stealth: 125 loc, with dedect hidden = 250 loc. This is cumulative with detection bonus from MoS, at least at live. So MoS2 + detect hidden is around equal to MoS 3 for archers.
ImageImage

Bubana
Warder

Postby Bubana » Jun 16, 2011 12:36

k great, ty for info.. actually i was not sure about this..

Agent2225
Warder

Postby Agent2225 » Jun 17, 2011 03:28

At realm rank 5 I am 39 LA, 35 crit, axe, stealth, envenom. I love my spec. As someone stated before there is no universal spec just do what you want and see if it works. Dont be afraid to switch it up if it doesnt. I have gone shadowzerk and crit spec on my sb and i prefer more crit spec because i use garrote and achilles heal. Some pepole like doublefrost and it is totally up to you. I suggest instead of asking people, just try it out for a while and see if you dont like it. Save up enough bps to get a full respec if you get into trouble and by all means have fun.

Jibjabbin.

Agent2225
Warder

Postby Agent2225 » Jun 17, 2011 03:29

OH yea... viper 3 ftw. I had it since Thid and I wont ever drop it....I did once and after a while I got it back again because I couldnt kill as quickly. But again, thats playstyle.

Next

Return to Midgard